Heading outside for your next coffee catch up? Power your park stroll with pastries and caffeine from these takeaway spots.
Near Carlton Gardens
Walking through stunning World Heritage listed gardens in the heart of the city is pretty special. Make it even better with a treat from a nearby business.
- Italian home cooking served all day long is the name of the game at Cafe Babbo in Lonsdale Street. Takeaway an authentic espresso from this sweet spot as you head towards Melbourne’s little Italy.
- One of Melbourne’s cutest caffeine spots, Parco is the tiny coffee kiosk that could. Recent takeaway food specials have included a very fancy strawberry gum pannacotta, so you know your walking fuel is going to be top tier.
- The much loved League of Honest Coffee is open for takeaways until 3pm, so morning and afternoon coffee walks are sorted. Plus you can buy beans to try at home – now sold in recyclable bags.
Near Flagstaff Gardens
Before you marvel at the avenues of elm trees in Flagstaff Gardens, grab a treat from one of these CBD spots.
- GAP cafe is serving takeaway coffees, as well as a delicious range of toasties. Grab an egg and bacon loaded treat or Japanese eggplant toastie to fuel your walk.
- Operator 25 is a beloved brunch spot a few minutes walk from the gardens. The coffee is well worth a takeaway wait, and if the food menu catches your eye you can order for delivery once you get home.
- Have two outings at once and extend your garden walk to an essential shopping trip at Queen Victoria Market. Stop in at Market Espresso for Rumble Coffee beans, Melbourne made hot chocolate and super cute keepcups perfect for gifting.
- Touted by experts (local tradies) as serving the best bacon and egg rolls in town, All 4 U Cafe & Bar is open for takeaway. They’re three minutes from the gardens, so if you can hold off eating for that long you’ll have a warming brekky roll in hand for your stroll.
Near Royal Botanic Gardens
The beautiful botanic gardens are open again. Greet all the sights and delights with coffee and a pastry in hand.
- Jardin Tan is literally located inside the gardens, so it’d be rude not to grab a warming drink on your way through. Stop by the kiosk for a caffeine hit.
- Botanical Hotel is perched in the perfect pre or post-RBG walk position. Try a jam doughnut, sip cold-pressed juice or enjoy a latte powered by beans from Dukes Coffee Roasters.
- You’re not going to France any time soon. But Entrecote gives a little taste of Paris when you need it most, open for takeaway between 7am and 3pm.
Near Birrarung Marr
If it gets a little chilly by the river, grab a warming bev on your way down to Birrarung Marr.
- Weekday takeaways are made even sweeter at Tulip Coffee. Try and resist the almond croissants dusted with a feather light touch of powdered sugar – split one with your walking pal or enjoy it to yourself.
- Cup of Truth is a Melbourne legend just as iconic as a walk along the Yarra. Head underground to Campbell Arcade before or after your outing and enjoy a coffee, friendly banter and a cheeky hot choc.
- New York trips are off the table, but Bowery to Williamsburg can add a little NY flavour to your walking fuel. Grab a few cookies to go with a Padre coffee, served in diner-inspired takeaway coffee cups.