Power your next socially-distanced park stroll with pick up pastries and caffeine from these takeaway spots.
Near Carlton Gardens
Walking through stunning World Heritage listed gardens in the heart of the city is pretty special. Make it even better with a treat from a nearby business.
- So close to the gardens they’re basically part of it, Epocha is a must visit stop for walk provisions. Take away a stacked sandwich, fresh juice or coffee.
- Takeaway an authentic espresso from Cafe Babbo in Lonsdale Street as you head towards the gardens.
- One of Melbourne’s cutest caffeine spots, Parco is the tiny coffee kiosk that could. Recent takeaway food specials have included a very fancy strawberry gum pannacotta, so you know your walking fuel is going to be top tier.
- The much loved League of Honest Coffee is open for takeaways until 3pm, so morning and afternoon coffee walks are sorted. Plus you can buy beans to try at home – now sold in recyclable bags.
- Little Rogue is open for all caffeine fiends. Order ahead and lock in a Bakemono treat for pick up. The artisan selection of pastries includes croissants, Japanese-style bread, French canele and more.
Near Flagstaff Gardens
Before you marvel at the avenues of elm trees in Flagstaff Gardens, grab a treat from one of these CBD spots.
- Operator 25 is a beloved brunch spot a few minutes walk from the gardens. The coffee is well worth a takeaway wait, and if the food menu catches your eye you can order for delivery once you get home.
- Have two outings at once and extend your garden walk to an essential produce pick up at Queen Victoria Market. Stop in at Market Espresso for Rumble Coffee beans, Melbourne made hot chocolate and super cute keepcups perfect for gifting.
- Workshop Brothers in Queen Street is open from 7.30am to 12.30pm on weekdays. Cold drip coffee, fresh croissants and warming matcha lattes are the perfect takeaway treat.
- Shortstop Coffee and Donuts in Sutherland Street is sorted for takeaway cope-ahydrates. Triple matcha, New Orleans iced coffee cruller and Boston cream flavours are only the beginning. Pair with an ice-cold bottle of cold brew.
Near Royal Botanic Gardens
The beautiful botanic gardens are open for strolls for two. Greet all the sights and delights with coffee and a pastry in hand.
- Jardin Tan’s cute kiosk is still open for takeaway coffee and new bites menu. It’s literally located inside the gardens, so it’d be rude not to grab a warming drink on your way through.
- Botanical Hotel is perched in the perfect pre or post-RBG walk position. Takeaway a caramel tart, cold-pressed juice or latte powered by beans from Dukes Coffee Roasters.
- You’re not going to France any time soon. But Entrecote gives a little taste of Paris when you need it most. The Corner Store is open for takeaway between 7am and 4pm. And their new picnic hampers are a French feast, loaded with fresh baguette, camembert, a selection of premium meats and more.
Near Birrarung Marr
If it gets a little chilly by the river, grab a warming bev on your way down to Birrarung Marr.
- Weekday takeaways are made even sweeter at Tulip Coffee. Try and resist the almond croissants dusted with a feather light touch of powdered sugar – split one with your walking pal or enjoy it to yourself.
- Cup of Truth is a Melbourne legend just as iconic as a walk along the Yarra. Head underground to Campbell Arcade before or after your outing and enjoy a coffee, friendly banter and a cheeky hot choc. It’s open for takeaway Mon-Fri till 12.30pm.
- New York trips are off the table, but Bowery to Williamsburg can add a little NY flavour to your walking fuel. Order for pick up while you stroll. Grab a few cookies to go with a Padre coffee, served in diner-inspired takeaway coffee cups.
- Time Out at Fed Square will be open from 26 September, offering a menu packed with takeaway feeds. Bites under $10 include the classic egg and bacon coffee combo.
- Vacation‘s dreamy pastel pink CBD oasis is still open for takeaway. Try an iced latte with a touch of honey and feast on the NY style sandwiches.
Metropolitan Melbourne is still under certain restrictions. Please note businesses may close or run out of stock at short notice: check with individual businesses. Make sure that you live within 25kms of the business before ordering for takeaway or click and collect. Please, be smart, be safe and follow directions from the Victorian Government.