If you’re working in the city right now you need access to the essentials. And what’s essential for work? Coffee. Here are some cafes ready to get you fed and caffeinated.
- People’s coffee has what you need to stay caffeinated, from straight up batch brew to almond milk lattes. Not keen for coffee? Get a soy chai, coconut turmeric latte or hot choc to go.
- Feel fresh and fancy with a superfood feast from brand new Bowls Baby. Feast on bowls loaded with halloumi, falafel, melt in the mouth beef and more. Pair it with the sweet potato chips and a vegan double PB smoothie for good measure.
- Open midday to midnight, City Wine Shop is offering coffee and toasties for lunch on the go. They’re also offering retail wine sales, so grab a bottle and a couple of toasties, and you’ve got dinner for two.
- Spring Street Grocer is primed and ready to serve you coffee and a swag of fresh deli goods to take home for lunch.
- Get your serious caffeine on at Axil Coffee Roasters. The Flinders Lane branch is a small operation, perfect for a quick coffee and pastry hit.
- Italian home cooking is the name of the game at Cafe Babbo in Lonsdale Street. Takeaway an authentic espresso and check out the new $10 menu for pasta and focaccia.
- If you have to catch the train to Flinders Street Station for work, Cup of Truth in the Campbell Arcade is open. Its coffee machines are ready to keep commuters caffeinated.
- Grab a takeaway from Sensory Lab, that perfect, sci-fi brew bar. Their baristas are ready to craft your perfect coffee, so stop by soak up that aroma while you wait for your takeaway.
- Nestled down a small alleyway in the heart of Melbourne, LB2 serves an array of specialty coffees from Axil and Cartel.
- Beloved Flinders Lane oasis, Journal Café, is serving their excellent takeaway coffee, bites and bevs. Keep an eye on their opening hours.
- Oli & Levi have reopened their coffee shops for takeaway. Find them at four city locations – Galleria, Bourke Street, Coromandel Place and Collins Street.
- Grab a little black box to go. Japanese-inspired coffee and katsu sando bar Saint Dreux is open daily for takeaways.
- Fancy a treat to brighten your day? Grab a perfectly decorated cupcake and a coffee at Little Cupcakes. Their William Street location is open for takeaway.
- Tucked away in a converted warehouse in Guildford Lane is the stunning Krimper Cafe. Schulim Krimper designed and built some of Melbourne’s most well-known 60s-70s furniture. Open for takeaway caffeine and bites.
- Still in Degraves, cuter-than-cute espresso bar Tulip is open now and ready to meet your caffeine needs.
- Or get your fix at The Quarter on Degraves, a classic laneway spot for takeaway coffee and lunch bites.
- Has all that iso eating taken its toll? Help is at hand! Let clean-eating café Seedling set you back on the right path with takeaway from one of their two CBD locations.
- Cheaper than a plane fare to Roma, Caffe E Torta is open again in Royal Arcade and serving takeaway coffee and bites.
- Dotted around the city you’ll find Earl Canteen serving up wholesome, convenient lunches for hungry workers. Grab a freshly made salad and a brownie to go – remember, it’s all about balance.
- Tucked away in Howey Place, The Alley Edition serves up takeaway coffee and sweet treats with a smile. The lunch menu keeps it simple with ham and cheese toasties and fresh sandwiches.
- Head to Operator 25 for specialty coffee and Asian-influenced café classics. Grab a Code Black cuppa and a char siu benny to go.
- If you think toast and coffee are a match made in heaven, then you’ll love Kings and Knaves. It’s an espresso and toast bar, so you can start your working day right with a cup of coffee and cosy piece of toast. Expect some tasty toppings.
- Swing by Melbourne’s famous Market Lane and get a coffee to savour. This branch is in Queen Victoria Market so you can stock up on something fresh for lunch later. The Collins Street store is open for takeaway too.
- For those who love their doggos, especially greyhounds, Gap Café’s takeaway window is still open for coffee and good, doggy vibes.
- For market-goers who need a quick pick-me-up, Market Espresso is open and brewing. Go for the coffee, stay for the pancetta and egg rolls.
- Also at the market, small batch roasters Coffea Coffee are open and serving up the good stuff. Don’t leave without sampling their signature Castagnaccio
- 5 & Dime are up and serving up coffee and their perfect New York-style bagels. Order a poppy bagel and pimp your cream cheese with bacon jam.
- Hungry? Warm up with a flaky, fresh-baked cheese and spinach gozleme or borek from Goz City, and a coffee to go. Since you’re there, why not double down and buy some frozen to take home for dinner?
- Tiny coffee temple, Patricia, has reopened for takeaway coffee. Come on by for that perfect filter coffee you’ve missed so much.