One small pleasure we can all enjoy right now is the odd delivery meal. Don’t deny yourself any longer and try a few of these gluten-friendly options from some of the city’s foodie faves.
- An institution in your very own home? Stalactites on Uber Eats make it possible. GF certified lamb and chicken giro platters, souva skewers and those heavenly hot chips.
- Some hungers only a burger will satiate. Enter Royal Stacks on Deliveroo. Their GF buns make your meat loaded night in easy, and you can donate a dollar to charity at check out.
- Thai green chicken curry, roasted pumpkin gnocchi, miso glazed tofu salad and more. Atlantic Group is delivering it all, gluten free. Check out their near endless online range of foodie supplies.
- A25 Pizzeria on Deliveroo has the official Coeliac Australia gluten-free-accredited stamp of approval. So order that Margherita, side of Italian chilli fries or pork sausage loaded slice with confidence.
- Order a Reuben, BBQ brisket or fried chicken sandwich from Bowery to Williamsburg on Deliveroo and click the option to make it gluten free. NY style brunching is here for all.
- If those angelic lime salted chips are singing to you, Hella Good on Uber Eats can and will deliver. GF eats include naked souvas, lamb and chicken giros boxes and some extremely legit GF pita.
- Bodega Underground on Uber Eats will recreate the vibe of a late-night mezcal bar in your home. The 100% GF menu includes quesadillas, fried chicken wings, legendary guac and authentic tacos.
- More Mexican fiestas come by way of Hello Jose on Uber Eats. Feast on gluten-free chicken and beef totopos.
- Fresh bowls from Poked on Uber Eats is being delivered out of their Little Lonsdale Street store. The entire low carb range is GF and DF, including teriyaki glazed chicken and salmon sashimi.
- If you’re craving fresh food, MissChu on Uber Eats delivers (literally). Noodle bowls with veggies cooked in pure olive oil, turmeric chicken and vegan dishes will keep your immunity up and your hunger down. They even have GF spring rolls!
- Wholefood bowls, smoothies and iced tea from Laneway Greens on Deliveroo is nutrition in full flavour. The salted miso peanut butter smoothie is like sipping an overloaded snickers bar milkshake.
Cheese and cocktails
- Spring Street Grocer on Deliveroo has opened a virtual deli. Choose from a range of cheese board provisions like hot smoked salmon, prosciutto and brie. Two different kinds of gourmet GF crackers are also on the menu.
- When the weekend swings around and cheese night is upon you, make sure you’ve got one of Ripe’s un-brie-lievable cheese packs locked and loaded. Order ahead with GF crackers.
- There’s no gluten in gin. Grab yourself a Negroni kit from Calia, Bar Americano, Grossi, Romeo Lane or Capitano.
- Earl Canteen is bringing working-week essentials right to your door. The gluten-free care pack features sourdough, poached apples, friand mix, grass-fed red pepper meatballs and so, much, more.
- Take Ottolenghi off the shelf and order a ‘simple’ pack from the Sweet & Nut Shop. Follow recipes from Ottolenghi’s lemon-coloured bible with everything you need in one box. Just select the GF option.
- The hardworking team behind Punch Lane have just introduced a number of at-home and delivery options. Porterhouse steak, rib eye, piri piri chicken and wagyu bourguignon are just some of the GF options on offer.
- Kinfolk is bringing good tidings to you and your kin in the form of fresh produce hampers. GF options include the vegan muesli hamper and a heap of dinner options, like bulk curries and pasta sauces. Browse their digital aisles where items are clearly marked as gluten, dairy and even plastic free.
- Desperate for tacos? Shop fresh tortillas and more Mexican produce from La Tortilleria and El Cielo. Both certified gluten free!
- The Organic Food and Wine Deli specialise in organic, vegan and gluten-free produce. Order pre-made meals plus pantry essentials.
Doughnuts and desserts
- La Belle Miette’s airy macarons make the perfect posted present – to a mate or just to yourself. Choose violet and blueberry, pistachio, créme brûlée and hazelnut praline. All of their flavours are gluten free.
- Daniel’s Donuts is reaching icon status in Victoria. Treat your GF mates to a gluten-free cinnamon dusted 6-pack. Available on Uber Eats.
- Bodega Underground gets a second shout out. Why you may ask? Three words: gluten-free churros. You’re welcome.
Please note due to current circumstances, businesses may close or run out of stock at short notice. Check individual apps for delivery boundaries, dietaries and contactless delivery.