Major city shopping destinations join forces on Wednesday 18 May from 10am to 10pm for an epic 12 hours of shopping, offers and events with Shop the City.
Presented by Emporium Melbourne, Melbourne’s GPO, Melbourne Central, QV Melbourne, The Strand Melbourne and newly opened St Collins Lane, this one-off event includes over 1,000 retail stores across four city blocks!
A few highlights of Shop the City include:
The Strand Melbourne
- Exclusive retail offers from international and Australian designer brands
- Free fashion and beauty Q&A from 6.30pm, including celebrity make-up artist and stylist Tre Dallas, Habbot shoes founder Annie Abbott, Nobody Denim design & development manager Rebekah McQuoid and Brow Theory founder Bridget Culliney
- Make a purchase at H&M on the day and receive an exclusive gift
- Free ice-cream from the Milkcow pop-up, in a limited-edition flavour, from 6pm
- Visit Republic Boutique, snap your kicks outside the store and tag #qvmelbourne to go in the draw to win a pair of Y-3 sneakers
- Join a laneway party with live music and giveaways to toast the launch of ‘Melbourne Martini’ – an espresso martini in a jar!
- Free undercover parking from 5pm till midnight
- Discover two centuries of re-imagined fashion in a special pop-up version of the NGV exhibition
- Take a closer look at the key themes with iconic fashionistas from the Flamingo Park Frock Salon
- Join renowned Australian fashion designers, Jenny Kee and Linda Jackson, in conversation with Paola Di Trocchio
- Le Bar du Centrale and Hendricks Gin present a quirky pop-up gin cocktail bar
- Cupcake Central and Scroll Ice Cream team up to create new taste sensations for one day only
- See live street art created before your eyes on Little Lonsdale
- Take part in the Polaroid Street Style promotion to win some flashbulb freebies
St Collins Lane
- See Melbourne’s newest shopping destination for luxury brands
- Head to The Aviary for restaurant-quality dining and Neil Perry’s Burger Project
Put Wednesday 18 May in your diary, pull out your comfy (but stylish) shoes, and come into the city for a one-day shopping celebration with tastings, fashion finds and retail fun!