Vampires, ghosts and witches (and princesses and probably pirates) are about to take over Melbourne for Halloween, so look no further if you want an excuse for a costume party or just want to scare yourself silly.
There’s a bunch happening for adults and kids, so get into the spirit with these spooky events and eerie activities.
Melbourne city ghost tours
The city loves its walking tours, but there are some that aren’t for the faint hearted. Light a lantern, grab the garlic and embark on the walk of a lifetime (or otherwise).
Test your problem-solving skills (and sanity) over brain-teasers and whodunits in these confined spaces.
- Escape Hunt Melbourne, Shop 3, 190 Queen Street
- Escape Room, Suite 9-10, Level 1, 108 Bourke Street
- Orz Escape, Level 3, 180 Bourke Street
- Trapt Bar & Escape Rooms, 377 Lonsdale Street
- Strike Escape Rooms, Melbourne Central, 183-265 La Trobe Street
Halloween events are where it’s at this week – check out our pick of the bunch below.
- Halloween Organ: Trouble in the Air by New War: Brace yourselves for a spine-tingling spooky concert. The Melbourne Town Hall Grand Organ will join popular rock band New War for the world premiere of Trouble in the Air – an atmospheric music experience.
- Old Melbourne Gaol Crime & Justice Experience: This is National Trust landmark is the real deal. Explore the halls at night with the hangman or if you’re feeling especially brave, take an evening ghost tour. Upcoming night tours run on various nights during the week.
- The Haunted Bookshop: The internationally-acclaimed Haunted Bookshop is Australia’s leading occult bookshop, specialising in all things supernatural. The store reveals Melbourne’s mysterious side with books on magic, witchcraft, satanism, divination, tarot, ghosts, vampires and aliens – and it’s even the starting point for a haunted Melbourne walking tour.
Halloween isn’t as much fun when you don’t look the part, so stop past a costume shop soon to find your perfect alter ego.