Vampires, ghosts and witches (and princesses and probably pirates) are about to take over Melbourne for Halloween, so look no further if you want an excuse for a costume party or just want to scare yourself silly.
There’s a bunch happening for adults and kids, so get into the spirit with these spooky events and eerie activities.
Melbourne city ghost tours
The city loves its walking tours, but there are some that aren’t for the faint hearted. Light a lantern, grab the garlic and embark on the walk of a lifetime (or otherwise).
- Halloween Cemetery Night Tour
- Haunted Melbourne Ghost Tour
- Lantern Ghost Tours
- Mysterious Melbourne Walking Tour
Test your problem-solving skills (and sanity) over brain-teasers and whodunits in these confined spaces.
- Escape Hunt Melbourne, Shop 3, 190 Queen Street
- Escape Room, Suite 9-10, Level 1, 108 Bourke Street
- Orz Escape, Level 3, 180 Bourke Street
- Trapt Bar & Escape Rooms, 377 Lonsdale Street
- Strike Escape Rooms, Melbourne Central, 183-265 La Trobe Street
Halloween events are where it’s at this week – check out our pick of the bunch below.
- Halloween Ghost Cruise: Ever been to an (un)happy hour? Board this haunted boat if you dare, but make sure the ghosts and zombies don’t learn you’re human.
- Old Melbourne Gaol Crime & Justice Experience: This is the real deal. Explore the halls at night with the hangman or if you’re feeling especially brave, take an evening ghost tour. Upcoming night tours run on various nights during the week.
- The Haunted Bookshop: The internationally-acclaimed Haunted Bookshop is Australia’s leading occult bookshop, specialising in all things supernatural. The store reveals Melbourne’s mysterious side with books on magic, witchcraft, satanism, divination, tarot, ghosts, vampires and aliens – and it’s even the starting point for a haunted Melbourne walking tour.
- Halloween Party Cruise: Spend this Halloween on board an awesome four-hour cruise. Enjoy fabulous live music, food and drinks – so get on board for a Halloween with a difference.
- Dom Perignon Masquerade Party: Creep it real this week at the Ms Collins Dom Perignon Halloween Masquerade party.
- Ghostbusters Halloween: If you’re looking for a Ghostbusters Halloween, join in the spooky madness at Alumbra this weekend.
Halloween isn’t as much fun when you don’t look the part, so stop past a costume shop soon to find your perfect alter ego.