Do you have a book worm or literature lover in your life? Here’s a complete guide to the best gifts for the well read in Melbourne this Christmas.
- Paper Girls $18 (All Star Comics)
- Yokainoshima: Island of Monsters $55 (Metropolis Bookshop)
- Tiny Tim Book Light $23 (Mag Nation)
- The Spitfire Pocket Manual $17 (Hyland’s Books)
- Ponyo Picture Book $35.00 (ACMI)
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind $25 (Embiggen Books)
- All the Buildings in Melbourne $30 (Readings)
- The Grand Budapest Hotel $50 (ACMI)
- Welcome to Country Melbourne $25 (Readings Kids)
- Annual membership at Writers Victoria from $55 (Writers Victoria, The Wheeler Centre)
- Airmen Behind the Medals $65 (Hyland’s Books)
- Doctor Strange HC: Way of the Weird $43 (All Star Comics)
- Hip Hop Family Tree Book 4, 1984 -1985 $40 (Metropolis Bookshop)
- Lumberjanes $25 (All Star Comics)
- Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow $35 (Embiggen Books)
- The Hate Race $33 (Paperback Bookshop)
- (Shown in book 4,6,11,14) Storyboard – The Moby Clips $20 (Mag Nation)
Want to know more about the wonderful Melbourne stores mentioned above? Check out our listings below:
All Star Comics
With its huge range of comic and graphic novels, and a welcoming atmosphere, All Star Comics is the perfect place to indoctrinate new members into the cult of all things graphic.
Find a gift for the person who has everything at Metropolis Bookshop, whose designer curated products offer a glimpse into all that is beautiful, weird and wonderful.
Specialist magazines and quirky accessories reign supreme at Mag Nation, making it the perfect place to cross those Kris Kringle and stocking stuffers off your shopping list.
It may be easier to pick up a voucher rather than choose a gift from the astounding range of military and transport history books available at Hyland’s Books. Whilst there, you can even arrange to have military medals framed.
The silver screen and the idiot box take the spotlight at the ACMI store, giving Santa a choice of latest releases, alongside hard-to-find imported titles.
A serious bookstore, Embiggen Books‘ range of scientific and philosophical books is their main offering, which is supported by a healthy appendix of kids, history, fiction, economics, and more.
Supporting writers of all styles, Writers Victoria memberships are the perfect gift to help kick-start the literary dabblers in your life. Pick one up at The Wheeler Centre.
An independent bookstore boasting an extensive range, matched by its extended shopping hours, Paperback Bookshop is a firm favourite of Santa’s elves – and has been since its arrival in Melbourne in the early 60s.